The Ripley County Community Foundation awarded a proactive grant of $5,000 to the Gleaner’s Food Bank of Indiana. Gleaner’s addresses the issue of child food insecurity through a program called BackSacks: Weekend Food for Kids. This program allows students in grades K-6, to receive a regular source of nutritious food that supports a healthy lifestyle. During the 2018-2019 School Year, Ripley County Schools were able to deliver 84 BackSacks to local students in need. Specifically, 24 students were impacted by Milan Elementary BackSacks, 42 students from South Ripley Elementary, and 18 students from Sunman Elementary. However, the funds given to the local elementary schools who participate in the BackSacks Program are only able to meet a portion of the needs for impoverished families. Currently, there is a waiting list of over 60 families in Ripley County that are experiencing food insecurity. If you would like to donate, please visit https://rccfonline.org/how-to-give/ and help us end hunger together.
- Lead Forward Community Grant Awarded to the Ripley County Community Foundation
- Congratulations to Our 2020 Large Grant Recipients
- $200,000 GIFT VII COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP GRANT AWARDED TO FRANKLIN AND RIPLEY COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATIONS
- 3rd Cycle Small Grants Awarded
- Meet Our Outreach and Communication Liaison, Clarice Patterson!!